RE: RE: RE: Vacuum Help Please

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 12:20:00 EDT

Hey Rich,

I know that you know a lot about engines so don't think I'm trying to say
otherwise. When people customize their camshaft, they generally listen to a
lot of hype about high lift, high duration, overlap, etc. The principles
behind the 4-stroke engine are varied and numerous but they all come down to
the basics. The more radical you make your cam the less efficient your
engine is on the low end. There is an excellent article written by Dema
Elgin (yes, he makes cams) but don't read it because he's trying to sell you
a cam, read it because he gives an extremely good overview and beyond of
4-stroke engines and why they run like they run. I've read his article many
times and each time I figure out something I didn't know before. A lot of
what he says probably applies in your case. I don't know if any of this
will help you solve your problem but it may help you to see what it is. The
link is: http://www.elgincams.com/campaper.html

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD