It's Not Coming!

From: Adam R. Bursell (a.bursell@snet.net)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 13:10:18 EDT

Hello all,
    Well just a couple weeks ago I placed my order for my new Dak R/T,
yesterday I found out it won't be built. The dealer told me that they had
stopped production and it won't be built. I am a little suspicious of this
however, because they had also told me that the factory accepted the order
right after I ordered it. I also received two different credit denial
letters in the mail, with my name spelled wrong a wrong social security
numbers on them. Maybe I am paranoid, but I am wondering if the dealer
"decided" that the truck wouldn't be built because of what he thought he saw
on credit reports. I have pulled my report recently and it is very good.
The ones that came back with the wrong name, etc. of course said they
couldn't verify identity and insufficient history, etc. Does anyone think
the dealer would do this? I DID sign a contract for purchase with them
which has no provisions like this in it (standard dealer issue that lets
them out if the factory won't deliver, which may have been the reason behind
the excuse). Also, do you think it would matter that I had worked the
dealer down to below invoice price, maybe he had second thoughts? It would
even help if someone had a date for last day of production or anything.
Even if I go for a 2002 I won't get the $2k rebate and I'm sure it will be
more expensive anyway, but if I can get the dealer for voiding his contract,
I may have a case. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

Adam