Re: It's Not Coming!

From: Val Lowe (vlowe@rcn.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 13:47:06 EDT

Hi Adam,

I believe the factory stopped accepting orders the first week of May. I
started looking around the second week and was told orders had ceased
"last" week. Your scenario about the dealer getting scared off by
"problems" with your credit might be true. Or he could have been telling
you the truth since the timing is right. I don't know what to say about
the factory supposedly accepting the order and then reneging on it. That
could've been just a mistake in communication. I'm not sure you would be
eligible for a rebate with your 2001 order anyway because rebates are
supposed to be for helping to clear out "dealer stock" and wouldn't apply
to special orders as far as I know.

You must be very disappointed! I know I would be. All I can say is, you
can join me in waiting for the 2002 production year ...

Good luck,
Val