RE: Vacuum Help Please

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 14:05:07 EDT

Hi Bernd,
Two for one here, he-he-he.
#1 <snip>...
If you're running an aftermarket cam, a vacuum reservoir works for the
power brakes and other vacuum accessories. If this is a "stock
internals" engine...something else is wrong. :(

I haven't driven it enough to tell if I need a larger resevoir or not. It's
rather difficult since everytime you push in the clutch coming up on a stop,
the engine dies. (Not a cool Dak image either!) :'( I believe this is the
only real problem I have is with the engine stalling at a stop.

The TB is a F&B "special", M1 intake, mildly ported heads, angle cut seats
and valves, Hughes 1828 cam, (valve springs and retainers also Hughes),
Crane pushrods and roller rockers, Mopar PCM and double roller timing set,
and of course headers and a cat-back. Think that pretty much covers the
essentials.