Re: overheating problems/dodge full of @#$%?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 22:47:22 EDT

> This still happens if you change out your coolant on a regular basis? I
> can't count on my radiator to be good to go for let's say 4-5 years if I
> keep my coolant fresh and clean....like flush and refill every year?

My truck still has its factory installed radiator now at 142,000 miles. The
water pump started leaking out of the weep hole at 138,000 miles. When I
replaced the pump, the inside area whick bolts upto/against the block looked
brand new. I have NEVER had any cooling issues with my truck, it has ran
nice a cool reguardless of what temperature is was outside or what I was
towing. I drain/refill the radiator once a year and flush the system every
other year. I have also always used Prestone.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6