New Track Times For V6

From: Daniel D (barracuda19@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 03:00:00 EDT

OK it's been a while since i posted, been busy, but anyway, i got the chance
to go to the track last night, My best pass was a 17.070 at 79 mph, it was
very hot and everyone said they were running slower, It was consistent
though, times were 17.070, 17.087, 17.186 and 17.116 all were around 78-79
mph, my best mph was 79.56. Oh and my truck is a 95 x-cab v6 auto. for a
list of mods go to http://www.angelfire.com/la3/finedak with a drop in K&N
and dual glasspacks my truck went a best of 17.182 at 78 mph but that night
was cooler. i think i should have been in the 16'
s considering the mods i have added since it was stock, could one of the
mods slowed it down? I am seriously considering saving for some 3.92 gears,
i have 3.55 now, how much should i expect from this? I imagine that with
good cooler weather i should be in the 16.8 range, Another interesting fact
is a friend of mine has a 94 x-cab v6 auto truck, almost identical to mine,
the only mod he has is a 3" in dual 2.5 out flowmaster, he had to use an
adapter to fit the 3" on the stock 2.5 pipe, anyway, he ran a 17.1 at around
78 as well, WHY THE HECK IS HE RUNNING BASICLLY WHAT I AM< BUT I GOT ALOT
MORE MODS? it's really annoying me. we also have the same tire size and gear
ratio. The engine that is in my truck is not the original motor, a previous
owner blew the motor and had it replaced, when i bought the truck he gave me
the recipt for the work, could the fact that the motor is reman make that
big of a difference? I know this is long but oh well, thanks for ya'lls
help, Later.

Daniel

P.S. That Dakota USA sticker should hhave at least dropped me a 1/10th, hehe
thanks Chris looks sweet although the website address didn't stick right so
it's just the logo, oh well,