Truck Broken Into - Tools Stolen

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 00:36:10 EDT

Just thought I would let everyone know I'm still alive. Haven't posted
in a while....

On memorial day - I was driving and happened to look in my rear view
mirror and saw, that the latch that locks the bed cap lift gate to the
center of the tail gate - was missing - and I knew immediately what
happened. I stopped the truck and went to investigate. My tool box was
gone. Several hundred dollars worth of hand tools, and specialty tools,
were stolen. I don't usually keep them in the back of the truck - but I
had just gotten back from a road trip to Ohio recently and I didn't want
to have to lug them back out. I had more stuff on the back of the truck
- but that was covered up for the most part. My other tool box that had
only a few junky tools in it, my circular saw, my jig saw, my set of 4
jack stands, my Rhino Ramps, my spare, and a box full of spray cans
etc. - was all left right where they were. But they did swipe the most
valuable thing. There was no other sign of forced entry - whoever did
it must have pulled up the lift gate real real hard to brake off that
plastic latch and to pull the side metal latches out.

I didn't bother reporting it to the police. The tools were unmarked and
I have no receipts. And this is the city of Shitcago - I'll never see
those tools again.

Also - the 4x4 is still not running - and my 2wd doesn't have a lot of
life left. The road trip I took was 660 miles - and I think it took a
toll.

I need dependable transportation and right now I am broke. I'm
considering parting out both trucks to get the most amount of money I
can get... and buying maybe a 90-something Crown Vic or Intrepid.

Please convince me I am wrong? LOL - I don't think I could forgive
myself for parting the trucks out.

Tom S.

http://www.SaveChrysler.com

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine

1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (non-operable)