Security items

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 13:12:16 EDT

There's been a lot of messages about security items:
I have the following. I don't think I'm missing
anything except wheel locks - I have the factory wheel
and tire package - I'm not sure if wheel locks are
needed??????
I think main object of security devices is to make the
theif think it would take too much time to steal and
move onto an easier victum.

- Tool chest that fits under the tonnau cover - from
JC whitney about $200 it is held in place with cables
attached to the tie downs through the chest wall.

- Viper(?) system from factory - locks out ignition &
doors
- Tailgate lock - Mcgard
- Spare Tire lock - from JC whitney
- Hood lock & ignition cut off
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=4708&BQ=jcw2
HOOD LOCK AND STARTER
CUT-OUT SYSTEM
For cars, trucks and vans.
Heavy-duty lock and flexible 6-ft. armored
cable secures hood and disables vehicle
starter. Chrome-plated hardened steel
pushbutton lock and 2 keys. LED "on" light.
With hardware and instructions. Some drilling
required.

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group HD Package Skid Plates
Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber, Steel Horse Torneau cover,
Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs, Removed air horns from Throttle Body,
new TB bolts, Taylor 8mm Wires, Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes,
McGard Tailgate lock, Audiovox cut off switch & hood lock
-Smyrna, Georgia