RE: I want to order a new Dakota SLT Club Cab (small Truck) (comm ents?)

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 09:26:07 EDT

Hey Dan!

Welcome aboard! I am a 9+ year owner of a Dak (look at my signature info). I
drive 100 miles per day with 80% being highway. My '92 gets 21.5mpg and my
'01 gets 20.5mpg. The Club Cab with V8 weights 750 lbs heavier and only 1mpg
less that the Reg Cab V6!! Woohoo!! Sorry about that, but I am very
impressed. I have always driven a 5spd as I do not like the "coasting" vs.
decelerating in all the traffic I deal with in the Detroit area. My '92 is
only on her second set of brakes, yup second (due for the third though). I
still drive her 2-3 times per week to keep the miles off of her big brother.
You should enjoy many years of service from a Dak. I had to buy another
after the success of my first one.

That sounds like a nice truck! I'm sure the V6 will handle the extra weight
(comparing my Reg Cab), but I'm curious which engine will get better mileage
(4,6 or 8). City driving with the V8 will use more gas, that's for sure. My
V6 gets 17mpg pure city no matter how I drove her. I strongly suggest a
Tonneau cover if you do any highway driving. I added 1.5mpg from that alone.

For the liners, several of us DMLer's have switched to the spray-in types.
Either Line-X or Rhino brands will take care of you well. They are not
slippery like the plastic drop-in ones. Almost 1/8" thick and guaranteed.
Another well worth the money mod.

Other than Mobil 1 oil, that's all that I have done to my Dak's except
driven them hard and long. I have no complaints about my Dak's. HTH!

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU