Re: Ticket Woes! Advice Needed!

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 21:26:45 EDT

After reading your subject line,the first bit of
advice that popped into my head was "slow down".But if
you`re looking for excuses to tell a police officer,I
have a couple: 1)."I was a little loose coming out of
turn four back there,but you know I really have to
thank all the guys in the pits,my crew chief,and these
new Goodyear tires.Coca-cola`s been especially good to
us this year,too",etc. 2).I wasn`t going too
fast,officer,I always try to watch my speed when I`ve
had too much to drink..... 3). WOW!! Impressive! I`ll
bet somebody`s anxious to get this thing back!
There`s some icebreakers for you,William,if nothing
else.(But one or more of them may tend to imply
guilt,so be careful). Steve P.
--- "William H. Hiatt III" <william@hiatt.net> wrote:
> 2 weeks ago, I was traveling on the I-5, going
> 80/65. Flat stretch of
> freeway, and definately the speed of traffic! I was
> livid, cause there were
> cars still passing me!
>
> I had the pleasure of recieving a ticket back in
> April. This one was TOTALLY
> my fault, out of stupidity. I am in no way going to
> question the officer, no
> way, no how, as I was in the wrong!
>
> I can take traffic school on the first ticket. Now,
> I haven't paid that
> ticket yet, as I recieved an extension. The second
> ticket came and said I
> could take traffic school as well, because I haven't
> registered for traffic
> school on the first ticket yet.
>
> So, should I register for traffic school on both
> tickets? Has anyone done
> this, and will it work?
>
> I was thinking of going in on the second ticket and
> pleading "guilty", and
> explain to the judge that I was going over the
> posted speed limit, but that
> it was a safe speed, due to the road conditions (Dry
> and clear), as well the
> flow of traffic, and a lesser speed could have been
> a hazard to myself and
> others around me? What's the best thing I should do
> here?
>
> I appreciate all your help!
> william

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.