Ticket Woes! Advice Needed!

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 23:09:28 EDT

2 weeks ago, I was traveling on the I-5, going 80/65. Flat stretch of
freeway, and definately the speed of traffic! I was livid, cause there were
cars still passing me!

I had the pleasure of recieving a ticket back in April. This one was TOTALLY
my fault, out of stupidity. I am in no way going to question the officer, no
way, no how, as I was in the wrong!

I can take traffic school on the first ticket. Now, I haven't paid that
ticket yet, as I recieved an extension. The second ticket came and said I
could take traffic school as well, because I haven't registered for traffic
school on the first ticket yet.

So, should I register for traffic school on both tickets? Has anyone done
this, and will it work?

I was thinking of going in on the second ticket and pleading "guilty", and
explain to the judge that I was going over the posted speed limit, but that
it was a safe speed, due to the road conditions (Dry and clear), as well the
flow of traffic, and a lesser speed could have been a hazard to myself and
others around me? What's the best thing I should do here?

I appreciate all your help!
william