IAT/resistor values

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 11:46:42 EDT

Here are some values when the IAT sensor is replaced
by resistors.

Resistor (ohms) IAT temp. IAT signal

      3.9K 118F 2.69v
      4.7K 109F 2.94v
      7K 89F 3.47v
     11K 73F 3.85v
     15K 60F 4.10v

These are 1/2 watt resistors and all that was available.
Testing was done on the driveway and ambient temp.
was 64F, 54% humidity.

I tested the 4.7K resistor first as this is the one that
is most often written about on the web (mainly from
the Stang crowd). I was quite surprise with the result
as the Stang give a 59F reading.

I have not run with them at the track. Weather looks
good for this Saturday.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG