Re: Alarm Opinions

From: miggity (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 19:37:45 EDT

>>. I can get all this plus the addition of
auto-page AP4000DX and electric door locks (mine are currently manual)
installed for $600.00 out the door. There have been a couple break-ins
around here lately & I dont plan on having my DAK or anything inside of it
missing. What does everyone think?<<<

I have an old Viper alarm, it does door locks, dome light, and makes lots of
noise =). I would recommend getting the most basic alarm you can, unless you
really want all the cool stuff (who doesn't?). The alarm won't keep aynone
from breaking into your Dak, all it'll do is notify you that it's been
broken into so you can find out what got stolen sooner. If a thief wants
your stuff, he's gonna' get it.. alarm or none. If you really think about
it, the only real theft deterrant an alarm provides is the blinking red
light... I have an alarm and it does provide me with a little more
confidence when the dak is in unfamiliar territory, but just keep in mind
that the alarm won't stop serious thief, it'll just annoy the neighboors
after he runs off with your stuff =(

-miggity

---> slammed 88 Dakota!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"It may be slow, but at least it's LOW!"