Re: Re: M1 2BBL Intake Pics

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 07:30:24 EDT

At 03:37 AM 6/6/01 +0000, you wrote:
> Yep, I imagine they engineered it to be more or less the stock height,
>since they went through the trouble of building one at all... Just as
>an aside, the MPI's height is very close to stock, but its 1/8" to 1/4"
>higher. No problem for most trucks, but if you've got a tall air
>cleaner, ram-air system or something, it could be... -Jon-

Yup. I'm using the ram air box from Air Inlet Systems (not their
drop plate) and have the hood underpad. There are faint impressions
at various spots from the box and a deep gouge from the S-bolt.
It may just clear without the pad but I'd rather have the box and bolt
hit the underpad rather than the metal.

Bob