RE: DML Digest V4 #3781

From: Ned Buckmaster (Ned@Buckmaster.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 21:16:07 EDT

Re: DML: Gibson Swept side exhaust questions.

The existing pipe slips over the rear of the cat. Get that pipe off and
the new exhaust replaces everything from there on. I used a dremel tool
to cut two length-wise slits in the old pipe so I could get it off
without damaging the cat.

The aluminized pipe looks fine. The clamps and hangers provided begin
rusting immediately.

I have the split dual on my '00 4.7 CC, and love it. At first I was
afraid it would be too loud, but it's only loud when I get on it, and
then it sounds great. All other times it is just mellow.

Ned Buckmaster