Re: Re:Re:Re: R/T heads

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 22:14:47 EDT

You are right Jon.

Again, I'm not 1000% sure, as I am not an expert, but I believe some of the
advantages of aluminum heads are the fact that you can run a hotter plug and
more timing giving you extra horsepower. The extra compression does make for
a more powerful explosion still. In case of the magnum heads, I have heard
though, that the need for more compression does not exceed the actual
compression gained, that is why the 20hp advantage is so small and not any
larger for almost $2000. There is also the fact that a pair of Alu heads
weigh almost 60 lbs less that the R/T heads, taking weight off of the right
place and giving back some much needed traction. For me though, I think the
light weight would make my truck faster. Anyone buying any heads should talk
to an engine builder and do their own research, don't take my word for it,
please!

Just my opinion, like A--holes, everyone's got one, and they all stink!

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS (8 3/4 [3.90 SG] coming soon)
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)