Front Grill

From: Bill (wpruitt1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 15:09:30 EDT

I would like to get the "Street Scenes" front grill assembly, but I guess
I'm too cheap. I have a hard time justifying that kind of money for a
grill, but damn it looks nice...so
I went to the hardware store and came up with a $20 solution.

I got 4 pieces of (ready?) galvenized gutter covers. The openings are big
enough to let plenty of air through, it's bendable and easy to form, cheap,
and oh, did I say cheap?

I simply cut them to a little larger than the openings and used very small
tie-wraps to attach the pieces to the existing front grill insert. The
tie-wraps are not noticeable.

For the lower section, one piece of the 6" x 36" material fit across all
four openings, but I had to use larger tie wraps, and don't like them, so
I'll have to find another way.

I made a quicky page so you can see.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/billspages/Frontgrill.htm

I figure it's good for at least 20 HP!

Bill
'01 QC 4.7, Auto, Flo-Pro exhaust, Downey Tarp, Viper Alarm, RhinoLiner, K&N
Glas-Scapes "Stars and Stripes"
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/billspages/