Re: Front Grill

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 21:55:52 EDT

I used expanded metal for mine and unlike the gutter guard, it doesn't bend,
but it's not easy to bend into place either. Words of caution before using
expanded metal. You'll NEED to go get it powder coated after it's form
fitted and everything.

I sanded, primered, and applied 3 coats then clear coat and when a rock hits
it, it chipped off. Powder coated for 25 extra bucks and been A ok since.
-Chuong

<
I have been trying to do this but planned on using the expanded metal you
get for protecting a screen-type door. Home Depot had it back in January
but I haven't found it since.