5.2L/4.7L HP/TQ

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 17:38:34 EDT

Does anyone know what the actual rear wheel hp/torque specs are for the a
stock 5.2L V8 compared the 4.7L V8? Transmission would be an automatic.
Here are the specs, but I figured they were measured at the crank:

-5.2L V8(318cu.in.)
HP: 230 hp @4400 rpm
Torque: 300 ft. lbs. @ 3200 rpm

-4.7L V8(287cu.in.)
HP: 235hp @4800 rpm
Torque: 295 ft-lbs @3200 rpm

Just from what I have read and learned from being on the DML, the 318 seems
to respond to various modifications the best and have the better ability to
increase power(both hp/torque) from these mods. I am NOT saying the 287 is a
poor engine, cause it isnt. My girlfriend have this engine in her 2000
Durango 4x4, and I just drove a 2000 Dakota Club Cab with this engine in it,
and it had tons of power. Just maybe companies havent found enough mods to
make which would be benefitial. Please, let's not change this to what engine
is better, cause both a extremely good engines. I am just not 100% sold on
the 4.7L V8 and would like to offer the opportunity to have my mind changed.
Thanks.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6