Re: 5.2L/4.7L HP/TQ

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 11:03:07 EDT

I have mine and it has been a great engine to have in a truck. I was for the
longest time getting 14-15mpg around town but I do have a problem and that
dropped (in a week) to 11 maybe 12 around town. Still working with the dealer on
that. I had a 318 in my '96 (which i'm getting back) and it was a great engine
also but it doesn't compare (in my opinion, no flames) for smoothness and a more
even delivery of power across the rpm range. Guys have been finding that the Jet
II chip actually works very well on this engine as well as a good cat-back,
intake, and hopefully soon (thanks to bruce at flowmetrics) a larger tb. I'm not
saying that the 318 is not a good engine to have but the 4.7 has proven to me to
be a good performer as well.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+