Re: '01 CC SLT+ ghost noise in front

From: Cliff Watson (cjr@watsonworld.org)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 03:30:32 EDT

Just wanted to follow up on this. Since the steering stops have been
lubed, this problem has gone bye-bye.

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 21:01:34 -0400, cjr@watsonworld.org (Cliff Watson)
wrote:

>15K Miles, 4Wheel ABS, Tow, 3.9L, 3.92 Axle Ratio
>
>When I make a left u-turn and hit the brakes or go over a bump there
>is this crunch/clunk noise. I could recreate it everytime UNTIL I got
>it to the dealer (of course).
>
>He said that my steering stops were dry and he lubed them and told me
>to see if that fixed it. He said nothing is loose under there,
>nothing is going to fall off, he checked the brakes, suspension,
>stabilizer bars.
>
>I couldn't recreate the noise coming home and will keep my ear to the
>ground.
>
>Does the steering stops solution seem feasable?
>
>Has anyone else had this type of noise and found the problem?
>
>Cliff Watson
>'98 Durango 5.9L,3.92, IB SLT+
>'01 Dakota 3.9L, 3.92, PB SLT+
>'01 Mulholland Prowler

'98 Durango SLT+ IB - 5.9L, 3.92 Gears, Chrome Grille, Stock
'01 Dakota CC SLT+ PB - 3.9L, 3.92 Gears, Chrome Grille, Stock
'01 Mulholland Prowler, Mud Guards, Shimmers, Tow Package, Weekender