limited slip is slipping!

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 00:13:26 EDT

Hey all,

   Last year I had an Auburn LSD and 4.10 gears put in my '95 Dak.
   I have been a little disappointed with the performance of the unit. It
will hook both tires no problem when going straight but if I'm turning
(especially right turns) with any kind of throttle I get the one wheel spin
(whichever wheel has less force on it i.e. the right wheel if I'm tuning
right).
   Anyways I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the unit to grab
harder. I have heard some talk of friction modifiers added to the fluid to
help and even saw somebody mention putting shims somewhere in the unit to get
the friction material to grab better.
   Unfortunately I had the unit installed (new) in CA by a company called
drivetrain direct and I now live in OH. When I called them about it they said
it was "torque spin" which sounded like a load of crap to me espcially since
it does it even in the rain when it shouldn't take much to spin the tires.

Any advie would be appreciated

John S

 '95 cc, 318, auto, transgo shift kit, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from
headers back, no cat), MSD digi6+, MSD wires,MSD HVC coil, autolite 3923's,
HP cap & rotor, MP PCM, 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (relocated), K&N air
filter, auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, Superior axles

This months installs:
1:6 ratio roller rockers, ported TB and intake manifold, progear timing
chain, 24# injectors
This winters project:
408 stroker motor and 9.25 rear end