Re: Re: 360 MPI short block P5007549

From: Sam South (sawcut64@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 06:56:13 EDT

> Oh, and Sam- Mopar put togther a kit?? Maybe you know something I don't
but
> I feel lucky mopar even builds the trucks themselves, not to mention a
> select few upgraded parts!

Lucky?!! Hell no I don't feel lucky, Ford has the Cobra Mustang that runs
13.5 and a TRUCK(Lightning) that runs 13.8, hey lets not forget GM with the
Camaro and Firebird both of which run in the mid 13's and not to mention the
Vette which in its baddest form (mid 12 ET's) is still half as much as
Dodges ONLY performance vehicle(Viper), so it doesn't even really compare
anyway. Hey I grew up on muscle cars and when Mopars ruled the roads both my
father and grandfather worked at Chrysler and I still remember the sensation
of stuffing my foot in the floorboards of my first big block Road Runner
when I was 18. If you look at GM and Ford almost as soon as a vehicle is
released there are a BUNCH of aftermarket and in house performance parts
available. So I guess if you want something fast from Chrysler you either
spend $85,000 or you build it yourself and if you're lucky you may be as
fast as the other guys are from the factory.
Sam South
95 Dak, 5.2L,3.90 LSD,5-speed(Soon to be 360 powered)
14.10@98.05
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Mt5J8FaDfVCv6/
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/sawcut64/home.html