How do you take the seats apart/out of a gen III?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 11:01:42 EDT

I'm outside right now, trying to take the seats out of my '00 reg. cab and
once I got them loose, I found that the 2 "40" sections are riveted to the
"20" middle section at the bases. Anybody know how to pop the rivets out of
there to take it all out individually, or am I going to have to take it all
out as a unit? I need the seats out becuase my truck is WET! Apparaently I
WAS affected by the Houston flood, as the whole carpet underpad is wet, and
there is standing water in the floor pan.I'm trying to get it out before it
does anymore damage! Anybody know where it might have leaked in from? Never
had any leaks, never drilled any new holes anywhere, but now my truck's full
of water! I didn't drive it in any water, in fact I haven't driven it in 3
weeks! But please, help!! Any tips for getting water out of the funky foam
underpad? Thanks in advance,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html