RE: 92-95 Dakota's Dying--MUST READ FOR GEN II's

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 02:23:15 EDT

Yes sir.. was probably not an issue at this time on my '95, but as I opened
the wrapping of the harness, boom... green copper wire, and it fell into 2
pieces. Going to re-solder the connection, coat it with silicone, then heat
shrink the connection.. Plus wrap everything back up. There's 2- black wire
connections like this a little farther down the harness (one is a 3-1, the
other a 3 to themselves shorting block). I am going to replace all 3
connections in the same manner to avoid any future problems. I wonder how
many more of these buggers are in the harness???

Sam '00 RT & '95 SLT For Sale