Re: 92-95 Dakota's Dying--MUST READ FOR GEN II's

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 10:00:56 EDT

My 92 did that at 99000 miles. While it was at the dealer to be fixed they
replaced the distributor drive gear and the bushing. Those are a couple of other
things to watch out for with the Magnum engines. The mechanic told me these were
common on the V6 and V8s. I saw the parts when he pulled them out and the
bushing was egg shaped and the teeth that were left on the drive gear looked
like knife edges.

Doug Fedeli