Re: Re: WAS Dead Dak,Now Sick Dak;-) now FAQ

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 14:29:27 EDT

One small addition to the (very nice) procedure from Sam...

Remove all the plugs, ground the coil wire, and spin the engine (with the
covers off) to pump up the lifters (effectively "priming" the lifters). Then,
recheck all the rockers one more time.

This saves a step after the initial startup as it pumps up the lifters and
won't excessivly drain the battery while spinning the engine with the plugs
removed. (Also, warm or hot valve covers aren't fun to remove.) ;)

- Bernd