RE: RE: Towing...Should I smack my salesman? (LONG)

From: Rodney Lewis (rlewis@nicorenergy.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 14:26:16 EDT

I knew I was giving up some grunt taking the 4.7 instead of the 5.9, but I
figured I'd be okay since I'm in the Chicago area (pretty darn flat and most
of my typical towing will be to Wisconsin, Indiana, and downstate Illinois
to go 'froadin in the Jeep. I figure I'll rent an RV for the once or twice a
year jaunts out west. The 5.9 immediately put me into their $36k+ Durangos
since they had them pretty heavily optioned out. The one I bought was one of
only three with a cloth interior and was stickered at $33k (got it for
$29k). Trans cooler is a must, so I'll install one for my own peace of mind.
The class IV hitch is what is being installed along with the 4-wire harness.
Is this what you're referring to that has to be connected up under the dash?
The alternator probably isn't a big concern...I don't see the additional
trailer lighting being that significant of a draw. Thanks a bunch for the
info, Sam. I'm feeling much better about this now. First new vehicle I've
ever purchased and definitely the most expensive.

-Rodney