Guage Problems on a 97 Dak

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc1@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 00:39:03 EDT

Hey All,

I was a DML subscriber for several years when I first got my 97 Dak. I need
your help now.

I was driving home last night, and all my guages went dead, the Air Bag,
Security, and Gas lights are all on, and my Odometer is blinking the current
mileage, and not incrementing. I tried turning the truck off, and back on.
No help.

I got home, disconnected the battery, and went to bed. Today, I re-hooked
it up, and it is still doing it all. I checked all the fuses, and they are
all good. Then, I disconnected the battery, unhooked the computer, and
tried turning it on again. Same exact thing happened.

Do I have a fried computer? The truck runs just fine. I was hoping someone
out there has an idea what may be happening before I take the truck to
Dodge, and pay thru the nose for electrical system diagnostics.

Thanks!

Ryan LeBlanc
97 Dak 318, 5spd, Club Cab
Olalla, WA