Re: Survey - Your next pick up truck?

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 07:27:44 EDT

For all of you wanting the Ford or the New GMC here is some thoughts. At my
work we have both a F250 Super Duty Crew Cab and a '99 GMC Sierra. Both of
these wonderful examples of trucks (sarcasm) have been bitten by the recall
bug lately. The F250 has had 4 in the last 2 months and the GMC had 5 in one
month. The F250 has been plagued with cab bolts that will not stay tight (had
them tightened 3 times so far and had an independent mechanic verify what ford
was telling us) and the gmc seems to have a wonderful problem with the seat
belts that are built into the seat (have had 2 recalls about them failing in
an accident and this includes a recall on the first one that was replaced
under a recall). All I can say is Dodge has their problems too but I don't
remember such a large number of problems associated with safety.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+