Tail Gate Open light

From: Bill (wpruitt1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 14:10:30 EDT

Met with Don Mallett today here in sunny Florida.

He's visiting relatives only a few short blocks from where I live. (small
world)

Anyway, while we were talking, we noticed a guy down the street with a '01
CC Dak, so we walked down there to chat.

The subject of tail gates came up, and that those of us with a tonneau cover
can't see if the tailgate is down. But, in the owners manual, it shows a
picture of the instrment cluster with a "tail gate open" indicating light.
None of our trucks has this feature activated.

Does anyone know how to activate it, or which option package it comes with?
We have no sensors mounted to the tailgate, but that's not hard to do.
How and where do we tie it in to the PCM?

Bill
'01 QC 4.7, Auto, Flo-Pro exhaust, Downey Tarp, Viper Alarm, RhinoLiner, K&N
Glas-Scapes "Stars and Stripes"
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/billspages/