Re: Tail Gate Open light

From: \(MAGNUM S/T\) (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 01:02:45 EDT

Excellent topic.....I hope someone out there knows or has a solution. There
have been more than a few occasions that the only warning I have had that my
tailgate was open was listening to the items hitting the road!!! .....that
crow-bar "T" makes such a lovely tingly sound as it bounces alongside the
Dak :-(
""Bill"" <wpruitt1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Met with Don Mallett today here in sunny Florida.
>
> He's visiting relatives only a few short blocks from where I live. (small
> world)
>
> Anyway, while we were talking, we noticed a guy down the street with a '01
> CC Dak, so we walked down there to chat.
>
> The subject of tail gates came up, and that those of us with a tonneau
cover
> can't see if the tailgate is down. But, in the owners manual, it shows a
> picture of the instrment cluster with a "tail gate open" indicating light.
> None of our trucks has this feature activated.
>
> Does anyone know how to activate it, or which option package it comes
with?
> We have no sensors mounted to the tailgate, but that's not hard to do.
> How and where do we tie it in to the PCM?
>

> Bill
> '01 QC 4.7, Auto, Flo-Pro exhaust, Downey Tarp, Viper Alarm, RhinoLiner,
K&N