2001 4.7: Cat-back, Chip, and PO-BOY Cold Air Upgrade

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 17:59:46 EDT

Ok, 1130 miles on my 2001 4.7 QC, just added a Flowmaster SUV Performance
50 Series muffler with 2 1/5 inch dual outlets dumping into 3 inch chrome
tips..hmm, not as loud as I thought, could use a little more rumble at
idle, but still sounds nice at heavy go-pedal, now understand those Gibson
folks who say they were disappointed with their sound (however, didn't get
the wife certification/qualification yet)

Felt a little loopy driving it home...parked it in the driveway and did
this:

Remove rubber flap from front of grill
Remove Air Box Snorkle
Dropped in a K%N Air Filter
Disconnect battery and drained memory tables of ECM (aka reset PCM)
Put In Jet Chip Stage II Chip

Took it for a test drive...ahh, much better according to the butt dyno and
link between brain and right foot, yes my DAK QC, think she's a keeper!

Have a z-tube with the new FLOW-PRO filter (black only) incoming, gonna
have to hit Bernd up for a RS 330-180 thermostat and install those
Autolite 3923s I just found at CarQuest ($11 for 8 including tax)...then
terrorize the parkways till the new Flowmetrics TB is out...did I say:

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR V8 TODAY!!!