Re: tranny temp guage

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 12:15:26 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/01 10:46:55 PM, a_bright2@yahoo.com writes:

<<
I plan in a few months to do some towing with a 93 Dakota. I have heard
that some people have temp guages for the tranny installed to make sure
it is not overheating. I went down to the local Dodge dealer the other day
and asked about it. The head of the service department says he has never
heard of that before; they have never done one, and have never seen a truck
with one before. he said watching the engine coolant guage
should be sufficient because the factory cooler runs through the radiator.
he also said they would not do it; if I want it done I will have to do it
myself.

is there anyone on this list who has a tranny temp guage installed?
would you share whether you had to do it yourself, and give advice
on how to do this? is this guage necessary on the dakota?

before I install a second cooler I would prefer to install the guage in order
to see if things get warm enough to warrant the additional cooler. any
advice on coolers would also be appreciated.

thanks

I have a tranny temp gauge installed and will put photos on my web page when
I get home from vacation in 2 weeks. I do have 1 tranny gauge for sell I post
in info on it about 3/4 weeks a go. I put in an in line "T" on the fluid out
put from the tranny to the cooler and mounted the temp sender there. I got it
an auto parts storecheaper then Jegs sells it for. It runs about 150/160
degs. on the hi-way doing 70 mph. It peaks at 205 bopping around town with
stop and go traffic. I'm looking for a deep pan for my tranny on a '00 QC.

Don M.
Geocities.com/maldbnsf

P.S. Any one in the Bradenton FL. area. I'm here till Tuesday.