Re: tranny temp guage

From: A. Bright (a_bright2@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 12:52:33 EDT

thanks for the responses received so far. the DIY cooler info looks
excellent. my dakota is an automatic so it is supposed to have one cooler
installed already. if I need the second one I will use the info from
the web page.

I look forward to seeing your guage info when you get back from
vacation. would not the output of the cooler be the perfect spot for the
sender? I have not been able to find guages specifically for the
transmission. It looks to me like a water temp guage is acceptable, since
the better ones go up to 280. or do I need to find one that will measure
above 300?

thanks again to everyone. if there are any more ideas/suggestions I welcome
them as well.