Re: cat converters

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 00:50:29 EDT

I had a #" in/out cat (catgo) on my 95 dak. It definitely improved high end
power but also rudced low end torque. As far as the o2 sensor, I'm not sure
because the sensor on the 95's is in the exhaust manfold (headers on mine). I
have to imagine that you could find an OBD II Chrysler vehicle with a 3"
in/out cat by looking at the RV applications or heavy duty trucks like maybe
a 1 ton with a V-10. Not sure though. I am no longer running a cat and it
help my power alot and didn't affect the torque noticably when I took out the
high flow cat.

Another option might be to get a "Simm-cat" which allows people with OBD II
vehicles to run without a cat by simulating the sensor signal. I don't know
anyone personally who has used this but it might be worth looking in to.

John

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, 24# FMS injectors, auburn LSD, 4.10
gears, superior axles