Re: rear end noise (somewhat long)

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 20:06:54 EDT

I had a similar problem with my 95 cc, it turned out that some of the bolts
that connect the frame to the crossmember that hold the carrier bearing
(driveshat center support bearing) had come loose (one was gone
altogether).The result was that the driveshaft would move up or down when a
load (throttle) was either applied or removed. I just went to the hardware
store and picked up some grade 8 bolts and nuts and rebolted the
crossmember. Haven't had a problem since. Don't know if our problem is the
same on your Gen III dak cc.

John

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, 24# FMS injectors, auburn LSD, 4.10
gears, superior axles