Does Your Multi-Speed Auto shift by itself?

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 10:33:54 EDT

Have a 2001 DAK QC with the multi-speed auto, 4.7/Limited-Slip/AWD

Driving into work today in D (drive) at 60MPH with OD on, all of a sudden,
the truck slows and the exhaust is booming and the rpms jump to 4300-4500.

I see that the automatic gear shift lever is in 2 (2nd gear)...it shifted
by itself...has this ever happened to anyone?

When leaving home, I always ensure I'm solidly in Drive, OD is on and I'm
in AWD and not 4HI.

No harm done? I nailed it from a stop and the truck took off, shifted ok,
behaved normal

FWIW, I put in a JET CHIP Stage II and Flowmaster Dual Exhaust this
past weekend, suspect no relationship, right?

Thanks....