Re: Does Your Multi-Speed Auto shift by itself?

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 11:57:10 EDT

Paul,
I have to double check myself all the time when putting the PRNDL into
drive. Often I put it 'there', it drives fine etc, but when I nudge the
lever up a bit, it clicks into the 'D' notch. Its real easy to miss the
notch and not know it on my truck. I could see how if it weren't in the
notch it could eventually vibrate down and slip into '2'. Not sure if
this explains what you are experiencing.

Marty
'00 4.7L CC