RE: Front End Popping

From: Karsh (karsh@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 17:36:21 EDT

Well just got back from the dealer here in Amarillo, Texas. The front end
guy that drove around with me said that the popping I was hearing was just
"body creak" from the quad cab. He said Chrysler was aware of the problem
but did not have fix as of yet. I asked about the cab mount Problem and he
more or less gave me a blank look and said that replacing those wouldn't
help. Any ideas? It sounds like spring creaking but I can't reproduce the
sound the same way every time. Happens more when I make tight left turns.
Doesn't affect the drive any. Doesn't pull or anything anyway. I've looked
under the front on both side and can't see anything that looks loose or
different from one side to the other. Thinking about finding me a great big
mud hole this weekend and putting the 4X4 to the test. If its a cv joint of
boot that should either brake it prove its not that. Sound like a good
idea? eheh

Karsh