Re: HEMI DAKOTA

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 00:19:39 EDT

Remeber, though that there seem to be good and bad NV3500's. Some people
abuse the hell out of them and seem to have good luck with them,but on the
other hand some people like me drive like grandma and baby their trucks and
still have problems, I know I have a few! I think that there should be 2
different tranny options for the V-8 powered N-bodies.#1-a wide ratio, very
strong transmission with long throws and a long shifter, 5 speed- intended
for "truck" work, like towing/hauling, off-roading, etc(my choice would be
the NV4500 w/the tall overdirve and low first) #2- a close ratio, strong,
fully synchroed tranny with short throws and a shorter shifter, geared more
toward the "street truck" or performance side of these trucks. If you are
interested in performance and are serious about a more
"performance-oriented" tranny for your dak, Why not get a bellhousing for a
small-block mopar, and then get a super-duty T-5 tranny(usually used in
small-block Ford Mustangs), or a Cobra-R spec Borg-Warner T-45? You could
use a Richmond gear ROD 6-speed, 1st gear ratios all the way down to 4.06:1,
and you would have an option for a .76:1 or .62:1 O/D! Just some thoughts!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com>

The way some people have ripped up their NV3500s attached to their 4.7Ls
maybe it's better tat auto is the only option - unless Dodge starts
shipping a more stout gearbox.