Re: HEMI DAKOTA

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 13:58:29 EDT

Some news I've heard is that several auto manufacturers are
dropping manual transmissions altogether. I know this is a
general statement because they only mentioned them as the
"big 3". I have two 5 speed trucks that are dear to me and
would really hate to see this tranny option dropped. I think
that a heavy duty 5 speed (w/smoother shifting) in the new
5.7 HEMI R/T would be a real threat to anything with SVT
or LS1written on it.

Another note about the article that Richard mentioned was
the 4.7 HO. This reminds me of the 455 HO pontiac era. If I
was a 4.7 owner, I'd be wondering if the HO parts/computer
were interchangable. ;)

GS -
98 5.2L 5spd

From: Richard A Pyburn <rap777@juno.com>wrote:

Hey, y'all! I've been away for a few days, enjoying father's day withthe
inlaws and all (yeah, right, enjoying). ANyhow, anyone catch this article
in the Buzz about the 2003 HEMI Dak and the 4.7HO?

Here's the link and the story:

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b061901.htm