Re: Re: Jet Chips

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 15:31:20 EDT

Yep, truckperformance.com had the JET II on sale in May, I missed that
sale, believe they are now something like $213 or $219 before shipping.

I just installed mine last weekend when the truck had a full tank of 87
octane gas, no pinging yet (is that the only problem with 87 octane or
also a lack of getting the full potential of the JET II?)

Re: Octane and saving a few pennies, gonna try name brand 89 octane on
next tank of gas, remebering that 89 is a 'minimum' octane rating...some
gas companies may actully be putting out 1-3 higher octane than the rating
on the pump (or at least thats what a GETTY gas station owner told me who
was very paticular re: what he pumped into his '67 Vette)