Re: OT - Best Daily driver sports coupe

From: -=Krawdaddy=- (black98dak@home.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 08:23:52 EDT

granted I love my stang, your best bet would be a LS1 powered Z28. I have
seen them new with only ac and 6spd for $20k or less at dealers.. course,
that was 2 years ago too.. It takes alot to get a Stang in the 12's, but a
LS1 Z can do it with very few mods.

as far as Stang's go, if you do get one, get the 99+ model.. they have 260hp
as compared to 225 of previous models. That is more than most cobra's too.
In fact, Motor Trend said the 99+ GT is as fast or faster than most Cobras,
stock for stock. This doesn't include the 00 R or 01 Cobra. The 99 had some
HP issues. All 99+ Cobra's have IRS.

But, as far as best bang for the buck, you gotta have a LS1 Z.. check out
www.ls1.com they have a very informative forum with lots of "free mods" to
make those cars scream

Krawdaddy - New Orleans, La.
      www.krawdaddy.net