Re: Re: OT - Best Daily driver sports coupe

From: Will (mgrwburns@macconnect.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 06:44:17 EDT

>You could probably swing a 1996-98 Mustang Cobra Coupe for around 20K -- and
>dollar for dollar, that's the most power you're going to get, I would
>think.. in maybe the best all around car, too. That thing is loaded with
>comfort features as well. If I had 30K lying around, I'd get a new one
>before you could say "SVT ate my Dakota" ;-) Not sure if that model year
>had the independent suspension on it, but bonus if it did.

In 1998 you could have an LS1 camaro that makes FAR more power than the
mustang, the 4.6 is the world's worst motor. IFS sucks if you want to make
a 10 second car so you would do a LOT of fab work to make it solid axle.
Plus, you can find LS1 cars for less than $20k easily.

66 Coronet 440 400-4 727
73 Swinger /6 A999
Powermac G4 400
Powerbook 3400