Exotic location DAK sighting

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 11:56:42 EDT

Hello DML,

I just got back from a trip to Europe (France and Italy). While in Italy I
visited the Island of Sardinia which is just south of Corsica in the
Tyrehnnean (sp?) Sea. It is a major summer tourist destination for Europeans
with fantastically beautiful beaches and liquid glass water. Well, to my
great surprise I saw an Intense Blue Durango pulling a house trailer. Did
not expect to see that at all. However, it did make me think and I began to
wonder if I would see a DAK. The next day I did. It was a red Gen II CC
4x4. It just passed by as I was crossing the road affording me no
opportunity to "talk" to the driver, assuming he spoke English as my Italian
is pretty much nonexistent. Neat.

I also saw a lot of Jeep Grand Cherokees with Turbo Diesel Engines. Wish
they would offer them as an option here in the US.

While in France I also visited Normandy and Omaha Beach on 6 June. That was
quite an intense experience. Actually met a couple of D-day vets who were
visiting for the first time since 1944. They said they did not recognize the
place. I can understand that, it wasn't like they were in 1944 to take notes
for tourist travel book :)

Andrew