Clockspring Safety Recall

From: ScapeGoat (martyr@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 09:47:17 EDT

Just wanted to drop a note that I got a Safety Recall on my truck's
Clockspring yesterday. Haven't seen anything about this posted, but I don't
read every message...

Apparently there's a defect in some 2000 Dakota and Durangos and some 2000 -
01 Rams. The clockspring assembly that connects the steering wheel mounted
electrical components to the electrical system in the truck may break. This
could cause the driver's airbag, speed control system and steering wheel
mounted audio controls to be inoperative.

The letter also says if you've had this work done already and have paid to
have it repaired you can send the original recepits or proof of payment and
be reimbursed.

Unfortunately the letter I received mentions something about an enclosed
form that identifies to the dealer what needs to be done and the only thing
I received was the form letter itself and a card to mail back if I no longer
owned the vehicle. I hope that's not a problem when I drop the truck off
this afternoon.

jeff 'ScapeGoat'
http://www.soulbleed.com/dakota.htm