Re: OT - Best Daily driver sports coupe

From: Anthony_Gonatas@ars.aon.com
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 12:35:27 EDT

Well, I had a 87 GTA Trans Am 350TPI, AUTO, 3.73rear, headers, 88 Heads, Shift
Kit, some TPI mods, super chip, 8.5 wires, No Cat, flowmaster,1.6 roller
rockers an a few other mods. What a nice looking car, but hard to find parts for
the body! The engine came stock with 210hp 300tq in 87, with the mods I maybe
was running near 245-250hp at the crank. It had nice get up an go, but died
after 4800rpms. It would bark second every time even with 1/4 throttle, I would
say it was a 6 second car with a 14 something quarter mile time. I don't like
TPI units too much, they where made for all torque an barely any hp! I guess if
I added some good heads, cam, and some better injectors or bigger runners I
would had a good 300hp and a 13 second quarter. Nothing special.

Now if you find a TTA, get that! V6 Turbo with 300+hp unrated

My Stock 2001 RC R/T feels alot like my 1987 GTA with all it's mods. But soon
I'll be getting some mods going an 13's here I come!

AlexReed <alexreed@home.com> on 06/22/2001 06:50:30 AM

Please respond to dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET