Re: Re: V6'ers with Superchargers

From: Chris Spotts (ccs138@psu.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 22:46:26 EDT

Could you just go to a thinner oil if need be?
This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask. I just had my oil
changed when I got my truck inspected (I told my dad not to get it changed,
but since he paid, who am I to complain :-) ) Anyway, the owner of the shop
put in 15w40 (as oppossed to my 5w30). He mentioned that the thinner oils
don't provide as much protection and cause premature wear. I've known this
guy for a while and I know he uses this stuff in everything, even his sprint
cars that he runs, so I'm inclined to believe what he says, but I've heard a
number of opinions on this and was wondering what people on the list have to
say... Thanks in advance.

-Chris