RE: Re: V6'ers with Superchargers

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 10:31:45 EDT

To make it easy:

Cooler temp = slightly thicker oil under normal operating conditions
(more wear on the bearings - nothing that Synthetic can't take care of
though), slightly richer mixture (produces carbon buildup - nothing that
a regular cleaning schedule can't prevent)), and plugs that "could
possibly" foul quicker (I change mine every 5000 miles).

180 is optimum for the Magnum V8's...but the V6 seems to like the 160
temp. (Again, we'll find out over the next week to see how she runs.)

- Bernd